Friday, July 30, 2010
Member, Carolyn L. Mazloomi has been invited to curate an exhibition for the International Textile Show to be held in San Jose, Costa Rica in September 2010. The event is sponsored by the Iberoamerican Textile Network, and the Costa Rican-North American Cultural Center. The conference theme is "Textile Creativity: Sustainable Tradition and Responsible Innovation."
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
A big thank you to all of our members who contributed pieces to the auction. If you weren't able to send in a piece, you can still contribute in another way:
- send out announcements about the auction to everyone on your email list, now, then again in September as a reminder
- inform students in workshops you teach
- put up posters or notices at quilt, fabric and art stores
- place a prominent announcement on your website or blog
- send emails to quilt guilds in your area
- post announcements or images on Facebook or LinkedIn
The funds raised in this auction benefit all SAQA members, and the more bidders we have, the more money we will raise. The auction begins on September 20, 2010 and details can be found on the SAQA News portion of the SAQA website.